10 reasons why we support art education
Posted on November 01 2016
“art education is not about learning to draw. it’s about learning to see.” -alex torrey: brother + ceo
umano is a story of two brothers on a journey to mesh fashion and philanthropy. jonathan + alex torrey believe in the unlimited potential of a kid’s imagination and believe that art inspires kids to create their own path.
kids draw the art + with every product you purchase, umano will give a backpack full of art supplies to empower a kid to unleash their creativity.here are 10 reasons why we are passionate about supporting art education:
1. art is the most promising catalyst for social change
2. art is a universal language in which we can understand and appreciate other cultures
3. art education increases students ability to express ideas, solve problems creatively and collaborate with others
4. art education is related to higher attendance rates in school
5. art education is related to higher standardized test scores
6. students who participate in the arts have a higher rate of graduating
learn more about our detroit Giving Partner, the FATE program
7. there is a correlation between art education and improved literacy skills
learn more about our Giving Partner, World Relief
8. art education connects students to the larger world, ultimately improving community cohesion
learn more about our journey to unleash creativity
9. art education can help rewire the brain in positive ways
10. access to art education at a young age can lead to being a better employee and excelling in the workplace later in life
in early 2004, a survey indicated that arts education had been cut by 25%
since 2008, music, art and foreign languages have been cut by more than 80% of school districts
dig our mission? join the #umanounion and become a part of something bigger.
together we can make a change.